How to Make the Perfect Iced Tea
One of the best things about summer is drinking an ice-cold glass of refreshing iced tea!
Don’t you agree?
Not only is it refreshing, but home-brewed iced tea is an excellent way to hydrate healthfully!
But how do you get the perfect cup?
Hint….it is not Lipton tea bags!
Nuovo’s secret….choose any high-quality loose leaf tea or blend from Nuovo Tea!
Black teas – Black Dragon Pearl, or any fruited black tea – currant, blackberry, lemon or peach
Oolong Tea – Peach, Golden Flower
Green Teas – Mango, Apricot, Cherry, Citron, Raspberry or Jasmine
White Teas – Peach, berry, tangerine or grapefruit, Jasmine Silver Needle
Fruit Teas – Watermelon Cooler, Raspberry Patch, Wild Strawberry, Berry Blast
Herbal Wellness Blends – Active Life Tea, Lavender Lemon Balm, Summer Bouquet, Just for Men
- As you see above, first you need to start with the perfect tea – pure loose leaf tea leaves and/or whole fruits and herbs. See Featured Teas.
- Second, you need to have a way to steep the tea which allows for the water to easily flow through the tea.
- Finally, you need to choose the brewing method that is right for you!
Below you will find directions for 3 methods to get the perfect home-brewed iced tea – the Hot Method, the Cold Brew Method, and Sun Tea.
Three ways to make the best Home-Brewed Iced Tea
- Add 2 servings of loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to an iced tea pitcher (this will create a concentrated tea to pour over ice).
- Pour water over the tea.
- Steep 3-5 minutes for black tea, 2-3 minutes for white or green tea, 5 – 10+ minutes for herbal tea.
- Serve over ice or strain and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, then serve over ice.
- Add 1 serving of loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to the iced tea pitcher.
- Pour cold water over the tea.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for a refreshing, clean-tasting cold tea.
- Server over ice.
- Add 1 serving of loose leaf per 1 cup water to the iced tea pitcher.
- Splash a little boiling water over loose tea to sterilize and prevent bacterial growth.
- Pour cold water over tea and let steep for 6 hours in a sunny window or outside in the full sun.
- Serve over ice or refrigerate and serve over ice when ready to use.
Cheers to your Health!