One of the best things about summer is drinking an iced-cold glass of refreshing iced tea!
Don’t you agree?
But how do you get the perfect cup?
Hint….it is not Lipton tea bags!
Nuovo’s secret….choose any high quality loose leaf tea or blend from Nuovo Tea!
Black teas – Black Dragon Pearl, or any fruited black tea – currant, berry, or peach
Oolong Tea – Peach, Golden Flower
Green Teas – Mango, Apricot, Cherry, Citron or Raspberry or Jasmine
White Teas – Peach, berry, tangerine or grapefruit, Jasmine Silver Needle
Fruit Teas – Watermelon Cooler, Raspberry Patch, Wild Strawberry, Berry Blast
Herbal Blends – Summer Bouquet, Just for Men, Yogi Blend
As you see above, first you need to start with the perfect tea – pure loose leaf tea leaves and/or whole fruits and herbs.
See Featured Teas
Second, you need to have a way to steep the tea which allows for the water to easily flow through the tea.
Finally, you need to choose the brewing method that is right for you!
Below you will find directions for 3 methods to get the perfect home-brewed iced tea – the Hot Method, the Cold Brew Method, and Sun Tea.
Best Home-Brewed ICED TEA
- Add 2 servings loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to iced tea pitcher (this will create a concentrated tea to pour over ice).
- Pour water over tea.
- Steep 3-5 minutes for black tea, 2-3 minutes for white or green tea, 5 – 10+ minutes for herbal tea.
- Serve over ice or strain and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days, then serve over ice.
- Add 1 serving of loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to iced tea pitcher.
- Pour cold water over tea.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for a refreshing, clean tasting cold tea.
- Server over ice.
SUN TEA ICED TEA
- Add 1 serving of loose leaf per 1 cup water to iced tea pitcher.
- Splash a little boiling water over loose tea to sterilize and prevent bacterial growth.
- Pour cold water over tea and let steep for 6 hours in a sunny window or outside in full sun.
- Serve over ice or refrigerate and serve over ice when ready to use.
~ The Nuovo Team
PS – We update our website daily. Check out all our Nuovo Teas and accessories at www.nuovotea.com.