“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!” (Benjamin Franklin)
Welcome to Fall!
Though the weather is still deciding if it’s time to leave summer behind, we are all anticipating seeing the leaves turn to vivid shades of yellow, orange and red and the squirrels gathering food for the winter months ahead! In fall we celebrate the harvest and give thanks for the bounty we love to share with our friends, family, and community. The Nuovo Team wishes you and your family the best of health during this season!
Prevention is the best medicine!
With Covid-19 and its variants still among us, we all need to ensure that we keep our immune systems in tip-top shape! We are still in an active pandemic, and, unfortunately, we will be living this for a while.
Building and maintaining a strong immune system is key to promoting health and preventing illness. In addition to getting enough sleep, reducing stress, exercising, wearing masks as appropriate, and social distancing, consuming foods and beverages with potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits is essential!
Nuovos Tea can Help Fight COVID-19
We at Nuovo Tea listen to our customers and provide them with the highest quality teas and herbals to enjoy as well as to support their individual health and wellness needs..
Many customers are looking for teas and herbs to help with:
- Prevention of Covid-19 infection
2. Treating symptoms of infection and post infection
3. Recovery from adverse effects of the COVID 19 vaccine
Nuovo Tea has an amazing selection of teas and wellness blends to strengthen the immune system, prevent illness, and help with treatment and recovery from everyday ails and illnesses, including those from viral Covid-19 .
Nuovo’s 3 New Teas to Combat COVID-19!
- White Pine Needle Tea
Nuovo’s new teas, White Pine Needle Tea, Covi-Zap, and Cov-Immune, all contain the active phytochemicals to help fight COVID-19 disease
According to Khanna et al (2021), in their article “Herbal Immune Boosters: Substantial warriors of Covid-19 battles,” herbal or medicinal plant formulations could be an essential alternative strategy, a step ahead to battle these awful viruses.” Khanna et al (2021) point to research that shows tea (Camella Sinensis), including green tea and matcha, as well as several herbs and spices, contain powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents and health-promoting properties that can boost the immune system, combat viruses, bacteria, and other microbes, and prevent oxidative damage to cells.The chief phytochemicals from these plants that are responsible for preventing viruses and promoting healing and recovery are terpenoids and polyphenols. These compounds work by activating the immune system to decrease symptoms and to help fight disease.
The following plants, herbs, and spices that, when consumed on a regular basis, can help prevent, heal, and promote recovery from COVID -19, adverse vaccine reactions, as well as other conditions and diseases. (Khana et al, 2021)
Tea: Green Tea, Matcha Green Tea
Spices: Turmeric, Ginger, Black Pepper, Nigella Sativa (black seed), Cardamom, Citrus, Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Clove, Licorice Root, Garlic, Onion
Herbs: Holy Basil, Mint, Skullcap, Neem, Aloe Vera, Ginkgo Biloba,
Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Basil
*White Pine Needle
*What about White Pine Needle, Star Anise, and Fennel?
Though each of these herbs have many health benefits on their own, all three have high levels of Shikimic Acid. Shikimic acid has many uses which include fighting viral, bacterial and fungal diseases. This is due to its ability to enhance immune function, restore bacteria and fungi balance in the intestinal tract and its microbial derivatives. Shikimic acid from the Chinese star anise (Illicium verum) is used as a base material for production of oseltamivir (Tamiflu).
White Pine Needle also contains suramin, which, according to Odell (2021) of the Bioregulatory Medicine Institute, reduces the replication of the coronavirus spike protein. It also “has an inhibitory effect against components of coagulation (the blood clotting mechanism). Excessive coagulation can cause blood clots, mini-clots, strokes,
and unusually heavy menstrual cycles, which are now being daily reported to
VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system) post-vaccination.”
Nuovo’s Best Immune Boosting teas to help fight COVID-19
Add these teas to your wellness routine to maximize your immunity and overall health!
- Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea, Green Teas– Pure organic UJI Matcha Green Tea. Superior source of antioxidants; anti-inflammatory, immune boosting plus numerous other health benefits
- *COVI-ZAP! – Powerful anti-inflammatory, immune boosting and disease fighting daily health tonic. Ginger, red rooibos, fennel, star anise, turmeric, orange peel, cinnamon, cardamom, black seed, galangal, clove, black pepper, licorice root
- Deep Wellness – Great for lungs and sinuses, supports the respiratory and immune systems. Elderberry, elecampane, mullein, echinacea, eucalyptus, spearmint, lemon balm, licorice root, yerba santa, slippery elm
- Fall Health Tonic – Grounding, warming, immune boosting, balancing, anti-inflammatory, digestive, liver and kidney support. Reishi and Chaga mushrooms, dandelion & burdock roots, fennel, ginger, cinnamon, astragalus, cloves.
- Gingerade – Supports digestion, soothes the gut and helps with acid reflux and GERD. Excellent daily tonic for general health and gut health! Milky oats, ginger, Honeybush, lemongrass, rose hips, fennel, elderberries, rosemary
- Immuni-tea Plus – Nourishing daily health tonic for the whole family! Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – High in Vitamin C and Zinc. Boosts the immune system. Milky oat tops, rose hips, elderberry, echinacea, astragalus, goji berry, orange peel, cinnamon, lemon grass, red rooibos, Schisandra, berries, hibiscus, rose hips, ginger, burdock root, licorice root
- *COV-IMMUNE– Tulsi (holy basil), ginkgo biloba, skullcap, peppermint, spearmint, Rosemary, Neem, aloe vera leaf, green rooibos.
- Respiratory Healing – Helps open the airways, treat respiratory symptoms, fight infection and heal the lungs. Lungwort, rosemary, horehound, peppermint, rosehips, mullein, plantain leaf, eyebright, marshmallow root
- Turmeric Bliss – Potent anti-inflammatory, treats pain, prevents arthritis, cleanses the liver, promotes brain health; treats arthritis and joint problems, antiviral, antibacterial, aids digestion, promotes gut health, boosts immunity, antioxidants, good for cholesterol and blood pressure. Turmeric, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cranberry, Mango, Apple, Orange Peel
- *White Pine Needles – Contains suramin and shikimic acid, high in Vitamins C and A. Great for immune health. Helps in the prevention of viral infection, including COVID-19.
*Nuovo Tea provides teas and herbs that can support a healthy lifestyle. Check with your health care provider if you are taking medications or have a condition for which certain herbs are of concern.
The Nuovo Team wishes health, happiness and peace to all!
~Cheers to your health!
- Arnarson, A. (2019, July 29). Antioxidants explained in simple terms. Healthline.
2. Axe, J. (2018, January 3). Is star anise good for you? 6 benefits of this sweet spice. Dr. Axe. https://draxe.com/nutrition/star-anise/
- Cox-Georgian, D., Ramadoss, N., Dona, C., & Basu, C. (2019). Therapeutic and Medicinal Uses of Terpenes. Medicinal Plants: From Farm to Pharmacy, 333–359. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-31269-5_15 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7120914/
- Inflammation. (2021, April 28). National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/conditions/inflammation/index.cfm
- Khanna, K., Kohli, S. K., Kaur, R., Bhardwaj, A., Bhardwaj, V., Ohri, P., Sharma, A., Ahmad, A., Bhardwaj, R., & Ahmad, P. (2021). Herbal immune-boosters: Substantial warriors of pandemic Covid-19 battle. Phytomedicine : international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology, 85, 153361. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2020.153361 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7532351/
- Link, R. (2020, February 24). 7 Proven Ways Matcha Tea Improves Your Health. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition /7-benefits-of-matcha-tea
7. Myths and facts about COVID-19 vaccines. (2021, September 7). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html?s_cid=11361:%2BVaccine%20%2Bshedding%20%2Bcovid:sem.b:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21Novella, S. (2021, May). Spike Proteins, COVID-19, and Vaccines. Science-Based Medicine. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/spike-proteins-covid-19-and-vaccines/
8. Odell, J. (2021, September). Eastern white pine needles: A natural source for anti-infective compounds. Bioregulatory Medicine Institute. https://www.biologicalmedicineinstitute.com/post/eastern-white-pine-tree-needles-a-natural-source-of-suramin
9. Weil, A. (2021). Dr. Weil’s anti-inflammatory diet. WEIL. https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/anti-inflammatory-diet-pyramid/dr-weils-anti-inflammatory-diet/
10. What are polyphenols. Healthy foods high in polyphenols. (2020). WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/diet/foods-high-in-polyphenols#1