Hydrate and nourish your body with the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and electrolytes from Nuovo’s iced teas and herbal infusions!
Why hydrate with iced tea?
We all know that we should drink roughly 6-8 eight-ounce glasses of water or more daily. Why not switch it up and make a batch of refreshing and nourishing Iced Tea from Nuovo Tea?
Nuovo’s teas can provide nourishing hydration for your body that can help you feel more healthy and balanced. Hydrating with Nuovo’s teas and herbal infusions will give you the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants your body needs as well as replace much-needed electrolytes! But why do we need to replace electrolytes?
What are electrolytes and why do we need them?
Electrolytes are minerals in our blood, sweat and urine that help our body function in many ways: Proper fluid balance, proper PH balance (acidity level) of our blood as well as proper nerve and muscle function. Examples of electrolytes are sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus. Sodium is the electrolyte that is lost most during sweating. It is crucial that we replace the fluids and electrolytes lost with sweating, vomiting, excess urination , diarrhea or fever. We need to drink fluids with electrolytes to prevent imbalances caused by dehydration.
So what can we drink to naturally replace electorlytes? Water does not have electrolytes. Not sugar or caffeine loaded energy drinks or sports beverages. It’s best to reach for beverages like coconut water, fruit juice and yes…Iced Tea!
Why Hydrate with Nuovo’s Teas?
Why hydrate with Nuovo’s iced tea?
Nuovo’s iced teas are the healthy, easy to make solution to a well hydrated, balanced body and mind!
Take a look at the many options to brew your iced tea at home:
- Herbal infusions Anything with pure herbs like mint, hibiscus, and rooibos or blends with fruit or citrus are great for hydrating our bodies.
- ACTIVE LIFE TEA . Nuovo’s Active Life Tea is an herbal wellness blend that contains alfalfa, nettles and oat straw that are naturally high in vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes, which nourish the tissues, muscles, joints and blood.
- Fruited white and green teas high in antioxidants and have little caffeine are excellent choices as well!
- Matcha green tea. If you need to have a little pick-me-up though, you need to try an Iced Matcha Latte or Nuovo’s Herbal Adaptogen Blend, Power UP!
How to Make You Own Iced Tea
Now that you know what teas are best for to get the nourishing hydration our bodies need, you are probably asking yourself, how do I make the best iced tea at home?
Making your own iced tea at home is easy! All you need is your favorite loose- leaf tea, water, and an infuser to steep your tea. An iced tea pitcher, EZ-Brew, glass jar, or tea pot with an infuser work great! Check out our selection or infusers here!
Check out these 3 easy ways to make Iced Tea below or, click on this link to make your Perfect Home-Brewed Iced Tea!
- Add 2 servings of loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to an iced tea pitcher (this will create a concentrated tea to pour over ice).
- Pour water over the tea.
- Steep 3-5 minutes for black tea, 2-3 minutes for white or green tea, 5 – 10+ minutes for herbal tea.
- Serve over ice or strain and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, then serve over ice.
- Add 1 serving of loose leaf tea per 1 cup water to the iced tea pitcher.
- Pour cold water over the tea.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for a refreshing, clean-tasting cold tea.
- Server over ice.
- Add 1 serving of loose -leaf tea per 1 cup water to the iced tea pitcher.
- Splash a little boiling water over loose tea to sterilize and prevent bacterial growth.
- Pour cold water over tea and let steep for 6 hours in a sunny window or outside in the full sun.
- Serve over ice or refrigerate and serve over ice when ready to use.
Cheers to your health!
~ The Nuovo Team